Radiation protection doors and gates are, among other things, used for therapeutic rooms for LINAC treatment, PET (positron emission tomography) or Brachy therapy.
The doors and gates can be produced top-hung on linear ball rails, as a swing door supported with special hinges, or floor-mounted as rail sliding gate. Depending on the radiation protection calculation, lead or concrete is used as gapless shielding material. More than 500 door and gate systems are operating smoothly in many countries.
Swing doors we have in standard sizes up to 10 tons, top-hung gates in standard sizes up to 28 tons and rail mounted sliding gates in standards up to 100 tons.
All our gates fulfil the required safety standards for radiation protection.
To avoid costly downtimes and possible termination of your insurance coverage, you should check whether the following (partially quoted) requirements are met by the offered radiation protection doors.
A closing force measurement at the power operated radiation protection gate has to prove that the operating forces according to standard EN 12453 are limited below 400 Newton by force limiting devices during the first 0.75 seconds, and then kept below 150 Newton.
- Safety devices must be provided, which prevent crushing, shearing, knocking over and pulling in.
- The manufacturer must fulfil all requirements of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EG.
- The radiation protection door must be able to be opened in the event of power failure, or the break of a suspension or a wheel.
- For outdoor applications, the manufacturer has to consider wind loads and the heat transfer coefficient of the door leaf.
- The electromagnetic compatibility in terms of the EMC directive must be given.
- The mechanical lifetime of a door must be ensured for a certain number of operating cycles, given that the required maintenance procedures are executed. We design our doors for a period of 15 years of continuous functioning. Also for the supporting elements and the fasteners we provide dynamic verifications.
- After the briefing the operating company of a gate system has to receive an operating manual according to EN 62079, instructions for regular maintenance, a log book, a spare parts list, all circuit diagrams as well as a Declaration of Conformity about fulfilling all safety-relevant requirements.
A review by a certification authority has shown that all our doors fulfil the requirements of the Machinery Directive.