We won the contract for the design and planning of an access to an underground gas pressure regulating station. An above ground existing gas pressure regulating station had to be relocated underground, because the location was later to be used as public space.
The following requirements of the client had to be fulfilled for the access to the underground gas pressure regulating station:
- The flap cover must be passable for SLW30 (heavy trucks) with a wheel load of 50 kN.
- The flap must be air-permeable.
- For architectural reasons only the supporting bars of the flap grid should be visible.
- The material of the flap has to be corrosion-resistant to road salt.
- Emergency exit from and accessibility to the gas pressure regulating station in case of power failure.
- Accessibility to the gas pressure regulating station after an explosion or the like.
- Optimized design of the driving technology according to guide line 2006/42/EG.
- The leveling of the access flaps must match with the inclination of the ambient floor and must have an anti-skid surface.
- The power-operated flap must be approved by the safety authorities.
Acceptance took place on time and without any claims.