Prototype development of a mobile screening booth against X-ray radiation
The following requirements of the client had to be fulfilled for the mobile screening booth:
- Screening of a 225 kV X-ray source in a so-called Inline CT – Inspection booth for non-destructive material testing.
- Steel cabin with gapless led enclosure.
- Manually operated large 2-leaf revolving door on the back side.
- Power operated 2-leaf sliding door on the front side. This one has to each open and close in 2 seconds.
- For the design of the supporting framework of the booth it must be considered that the booth will have to be transported by crane and by fork lift truck.
- Fastening points have to be integrated for the CT – System, and all other relevant parts of the booth.
- Maze seals have to be integrated into the outer skin of the booth for cable and ventilation ducts.
The planning phase included the following tasks:
Static design of the structural support has to be worked out, under consideration of the utilization specific loads and required transport solutions.
Sketch-, detail- and construction drawings as 2D and 3D CAD files
Construction of a testing stand for an endurance test of the power-operated 2-leaf sliding door.
Properties of the completed booth:
|Booth dimensions (LxHxW):||2,1 x 2,1 x x1,2 m|
|Net weight of booth:||3.1 tons|
|Opening speed of the 2-leaf door:||2 seconds / cycle|
Transportable by crane or forklift truck.
The radiopacity has been confirmed by measurement.